Step inside this mini museum and find out about the rail history of Donnybrook. Take the time to peruse the memorabilia and artefacts on display. Resources, including an audio visual presentation, give visitors the chance to learn more about Donnybrook’s rail heritage.
Donnybrook’s rail history began in 1893 when the South West railway was extended from Boyanup to Minninup, as the station was first known.
In 1912 the station became a junction station, and in 1929 a new station building was built. At times, rail played a role in transporting the locally-grown apples Donnybrook is well-known for.
Though no longer a functioning station, the railway precinct continues to be important to Donnybrook, contributing to the aesthetic appeal of the town, as well as an area for locals and tourists to enjoy.
Markets are held on site on the third Saturday of every month, and the museum is always open on this day.
The Donnybrook Historic Railway Museum can be found in the heart of Donnybrook inside the former railway station, now the town visitor centre. The building itself is heritage-listed.